Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sometimes Things Don't Go as Planned

PAUSE.  Seems like it has been a long pause.  Fibromyalgia made me take a pause.  After day 5 of eating a nutritarian diet, I had a bad flare-up and not sure why but could have been several factors.  On day six I participated in a 5k walk to benefit a friend with breast cancer.  I felt okay that day but I knew that probably wouldn't last. 

It didn't.  The next couple weeks were bad.  Soreness of course but also swimmy head.  Not sure if I was fighting something or just part of the flare-up.  The exercise related soreness which was in my legs/shins due to walking on asphalt the whole 5k departed after 3-4 days but the all over aching took over and has stayed although mostly just in my arms now. I added back comfort starches (potatoes, rice, pasta) and didn't really portion them but I felt I needed that during this flare-up.  Eating all the salads and cutting veg just seemed too daunting as it takes quite a bit of time and my energy was non-existent.

I have maintained a 5.8 pound weight loss and feel like I'm about ready to get back to eating the nutritarian way.  I think I will add a serving of starch to the evening meal as I have a lot of trouble sleeping and feel this extra bit of starch helps with that.  I'm also working in a bit of intermittent fasting and trying to wait at least 12 hours after supper to eat anything.  I do feel better doing this although if I eat a non-starchy supper it makes for a long night and falling asleep is a lot harder.

I still have not had any cookies, cake, candy, etc. since giving them up for lent.  I don't miss them and every now and then I almost grab a cookie to eat with my coffee but then remember I"m not eating that.  Funny how things become a mindless habit.  I definitely won't go back to eating those things regularly but not sure as of yet, how I will allow them in my life.

I often wonder how I can need so much sleep and tiredness always seems to be with me.  I power through a lot but sometimes pay with exhaustion afterward.  Golf season has started so walking one to two golf courses a week will be the norm.  Last week it was a cold windy evening and cold always seems to affect FM.  That's life though and I will support my child during the season so what will be will be.




No comments: