Friday, April 21, 2017

Enjoying WFPB/Starch Solution Weightloss and More

To say that I am pleased seems to be an understatement.  I have been eating the WFPB/Starch Solution way since April 2nd.  Nineteen days and nine pounds gone.  Those are real pounds.  I have been drinking lots of water each day and have not put any back on.  I have not been perfect.  Some Belgian Easter cookies found their way into my cart the other day and I ate several of them.  That was just my major blunder this week.  I was tempted by a Scor bar in the store today but resisted.

How I feel is just as important as the weight loss.  Energy up to levels I can't remember. Sleeping better.  Less fibromyalgia pain.  I feel lighter and more flexible.  Current jeans zip very easily and are very loose a few hours later.  Another 10 pounds or less and I will try the next size down.  I feel calmer and clearer.  I don't feel deprived or that I am on a diet.  

I love eating this way.  It corresponds with my beliefs.  I am always working on removing hypocrisy from my life and this does that in the area of nutrition for me.  Blood pressure reading today: 121/79. I find my mood calmer and I am happier.  I always have something I can eat when I get hungry and it's food I enjoy.  

The first day I started I had a headache bordering on a migraine.  A week later, I had another headache that seemed like it was more from congestion.  A week later, swollen tonsils and an earache.  Seems like incremental detoxing to me.  Hopefully, the next weeks will not see any issues.

I keep meals simple. Here's an example:  Red and green lettuce, brown rice, black beans, homemade pico de gallo, roasted red peppers, green chile  So good; so simple.


I am ready to branch out a little and make some 'special' meals.  I plan to begin cooking every recipe in the Starch Solution.  Reading through them, they all seemed doable.  I like that they do not rely on a soy protein, seitan, or other fake foods or meat impostors.  I have been gathering ingredients and will sit down tomorrow to make a structured lists so I will have everything on hand for at least five of the recipes this week.  I'll posts pics and comments on the recipes when I prepare them.

I know each person has to find their own way of eating, exercising, and making self-improvements.  I feel I have found my way and WFPB is it.

No comments: