Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Cold Virus Still Rules

From the title you have probably guessed that the cold virus is in the house.  It is an uninvited guest and we would like it to make haste and leave.  I was just reveling in the fact that I had not yet had a cold this season, which was like waving a big welcome sign for the little virus.  Accepting that it is a virus, I know I cannot do much to hasten its departure.  It is a waiting game.
Having a cold means falling off the health wagon.  I have not exercised formally, eaten enough fruits and vegetables, or made very many other healthy choices since last Friday. This is one of those times that knowing better does not equate to doing better.
Coughing means I can't sleep, which means I don't sleep, which means I look to easy food (think junk) for energy to make it through the day.  The whole thing is a vicious circle.  But the circle ends tonight and will morph into a spiral that will put me back on the track to doing better.
I am going to try to sleep.  NyQuil will hopefully help. That is the plan although I haven't looked into the cabinet to see if I have any.  I have not been replacing things for sometime as they run out.  I'm trying to expand my supply of alternative remedies  Vick's will be my friend tonight and the heating pad is making my bed warm as you read this.
To all fellow cold sufferers out  there, may sleep find you tonight and may you have quality time together.

                         ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Jesse said...

It's never a good thing when cold virus lands in your home. Go easy on yourself when it comes to the exercise and diet stuff. Here's hoping the NyQuil works out for you. Sometimes when I have a cold, I take that and sweat it all out in one sleep. Stay health and you will recover fast. Good luck!