Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Small Changes

Reality: Some people strive on big, drastic changes.  It is exciting and results may be instantaneous.   However, when making health changes, barring surgery, the changes usually are more gradual in nature.  These types of changes also require more discipline over a longer period of time. I wish it were different.
I actually like healthy food.  I don't think there is any vegetable or fruit  I don't like.  I find that a key to choosing them over other snacks is making them convenient.  I find it amazing how quickly the veggies get eaten when I have them all cut up in a container.  I have begun buying organic baby carrots that are already cleaned and washed.  There are no short cuts that I know of for other veggies.
I have been moving steadily toward organics and find that many times the price difference is minimal especially since stores, like Aldi's, are moving in the direction of carrying more organic products.
I have been perusing issues of Vegetarian Times (VT) for recipes.  Note that just because something is vegetarian it does not mean that it is healthy.  I am dismayed at how many recipes try to replicate meat in some way.  I don't want to replicate meat in my diet.  I don't want tvp, seitan, or soy protein.  I just want to eat real healthy food to provide my family's bodies with what they need to perform how God created them to perform.
Served over pasta.  Recipe adapted form a recipe from VT.

No comments: