Saturday, February 6, 2016

On a Roll

Hard work pays off in most areas of life.  I have exercised everyday this week so 7 out of 7 for me.  It's been great to take the time to do something each day.   I have been mixing up the workouts: outdoor walking, elliptical machine, indoor walk fit DVD, yoga, more elliptical, and some outdoor work around the house today.  When I was younger (and thinner) I worked out several times a week.  Those were the days of aerobic classes and women only gyms.  Ahhh. Remember those?
Today was catch up on housework day as the week was super busy and over-scheduled.  I put a crock pot of VT's Moroccan Lentil Stew with Raisins on while I worked.  It can be found in the December 2015 issue or here.  I wondered about the raisins in it, but it turned out delicious.  The raisins were just enough to slip in a hint of sweetness occasionally and went along well with the cinnamon and cumin in the recipe.  Definitely a keeper.  Leftovers are in the fridge for a simple lunch after church tomorrow.
I went to a chiropractor this week for the first time.  I didn't know my neck could make such cracking, crunchy sounds and still hold my head up afterward.  Overall I;m glad I went and will go again soon with less anxiety now that I know what to expect.  It is just another tool to assist me on a journey to a longer life.
I just started reading, The China Study (Campbell, 2006), and the information is astounding.  It annoys me that the results of such an in depth study involving a huge number of subjects does not get disseminated to the public in a timely and obvious manner.  Guess we can once again thank greed and the influence of industry for that one.  I'm sure I'll bring this book up again in future posts.
I hope each reader will do at least one thing today to affect their own health in a positive way.

No comments: