Thursday, February 11, 2016

Homemade Eggrolls

My mom used to make eggrolls when I was a kid.  They were great but they were fried in oil so they wouldn't be considered the healthiest.   I recently came across this recipe for homemade eggrolls in the VT magazine.  What caught my attention was the fact that they were baked.
Tonight I made them and even got some assistance from my teenager.  We used egg roll wrappers so they were full sized eggrolls.  I didn't measure my veggies, but we had enough for 12 full-sized eggrolls. They came out great and I would definitely make them again.  At half the calories of store-bought frozen ones in addition to having no chemical additives (besides the wrapper ingredients) they are a win-win.  I modified the recipe, which I think is very common for cooks to do.  My fresh ginger was bad so I used dried and I added mushrooms just because we like them.  They came out crispy, tasted delicious, and a bit of sweet chili sauce made them a satisfying meal.





No comments: