Sunday, September 22, 2019

Pasta, Pasta, Pasta

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping.  Among other things, I purchased 2 boxes of pasta and a box of spaghetti.  Since I had made spaghetti in the Instant Pot and minestrone in the Instant Pot in the last two weeks, I figured I needed to replace what I had used.

Today, I was putting the dry goods away.  For whatever reason, I find grocery shopping very draining so I usually put the cold things away and leave the rest for later.  While putting the pasta I had just purchased away in the pantry, I noticed a basket in there and could not really remember what was in it.  I took it down and found a few packages of pasta!  So I decided to go through the pantry and round up all the pasta products.

Surprise!  I had more pasta then I knew I had.  It only took about 10 minutes but at least now I know exactly what I have.  To be exact, I have:

  • 5 boxes of lasagna noodles
  • 6 boxes of thin spaghetti
  • 1 pkg of whole grain spaghetti
  • 1 box of supergrain elbows
  • 1 pkg brown rice pasta
  • 1 pkg Lomein
  • 1 box rotini
  • 1 box rigatoni
  • 1 box medium shells
  • 1 large pkg of rice noodles
Oh the reality of discovery.  Guess I won't need pasta for a while.  I would challenge any readers to pick a category and dive into your pantry or cupboard and gather all of that one category together.  You might be surprised at what you will find, and you just may be inspired to create something delicious.

No comments: