Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Darn Migraine

Yesterday I faced an afternoon migraine which pretty much halted my life as it always does.  I survived it without medicine which I am glad of.  My migraines are often brought about by too long of a period between meals.  Seven hours between breakfast and lunch certainly did it.  It wasn't planned but it is just how it happened.  Spent the afternoon and evening in pain, nauseated and throwing up.  So basically, none, or rather, very little of my plan got integrated in my life.

However, today was a new day.  I registered for a 3 month weightloss competition which will be measured by body fat percentage decrease.  I did a 35 minute treadmill workout. Worked on my to do list successfully and am very close to finishing my step goal which I Will complete today. Tomorrow I will be on RS meal plan.  That didn't work today due to not feeling quite 100% and ate what I felt I could stomach.  Not bad, just not structured.

Less television and more reading is also something I am working on.  Although I lean toward documentaries and educational shows, I still feel that television is a time thief.  Reading can be too but it is easier to shut a book after a reasonable amount of time.  I am currently reading Peter Walsh, It's All Too Much.  No I'm not a hoarder, other than the previous craft room mentioned, but I do know a few and the psychology of it all intrigues me.  It is my current phase of interest.  Last year I read a great deal about nutrition, food production, and health.  Forks Over Knives and the The China Study were part of that group of books.

I have a Nook, have the Kindle App, and of course the internet for resources.  However, I am a bit old fashioned as nothing beats a interesting book and a cup of tea with my feet up either in a cozy spot inside or outside in a hammock or chaise, weather permitting.  There is something about the feel of a book or magazine in addition to the act of turning pages that completes the experience.

I don't think I will read much tonight as it feels like that headache is just waiting for a reason to com back.  The instruction book to assembly the inversion table I purchased was enough focus and vision demands for today.  A cup of tea would be nice and so I will add another flight of stairs to my tally and go up and make a nice warm mug of chammomile.


No comments: