Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Momentum of Newness


New Year, new start, new goals, new me.  Beginnings are always exciting and teaching gave me two official new beginnings each year.  The traditional New Year was a time to start again and so was the new school year.  Things could be fresher, brighter, different, and better.

It is great to have these official new beginnings as we can share the commitment and excitement with others.  Really though, we can have new beginnings  anytime we choose such as any first of the month, first of the week, or even every morning.  In order to really get the feel of any new beginning we have to do the head work.

The head work involves setting intentions.  Actually saying what we're going to do; to have a plan.  Otherwise we just continue in our comfort zone and keep repeating the same behaviors.  We also have to work the plan or we will experience no success and end up giving up on the quest for fresher, brighter, different, and better.

New Year: New You.  Blah!! New Year: New Plan: New You!  Doable!  My plan specifically is to specifically tackle my environment, and my health.  My plan:  Donate at least one large black trash bag of stuff each month, complete the weekly tasks/zones from Flylady.net, complete 5 out of 7 things on my daily todo list, Walk a minimum of 8,000 steps per day, formally exercise 30 minutes at least 3 days per week, and stick to the Shred Revolution plan at least 4 out of 7 days.

I've completed my preparation steps.  I have plenty of trash bags and designated spot for collecting "stuff". I am signed up for the Flylady emails.  I have to do list/calendar paper.  A received a Fitbit from my husband for Christmas.  I have an elliptical machine and an assortment of exercise DVDs.  I have the Shred Revolution book and worked the plan for a couple weeks before the holidays began in November to become familiar with it and even lost a few pounds.

I will put in updates on all of this as I blog throughout this year.  So my action plan for my new beginning is ready and I am ready for action.  Oh, yeah, I have decided that my new beginning will start anew each day.  Lamentations 3:22-23; The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 


No comments: