Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Bit of Success and Dairy Equals Misery

Truth: Effort equals success. I started back on the Rice Diet last Monday to get myself back on track with my weight loss.  The next day, Tuesday, I found out we were going on a three day trip to another state.  Nooooo! I was so psyched to have a plan and get back on track.  Well, I stuck with the RD through Thursday then did the best that I could to stay WFPB non processed during the trip.  Payoff: down 2.5 pounds.  Okay, not bad.  So I continue this week with WFPB eating with the RD in mind to control portions.

Warning to those eating WFPB diet: if you go off of it, be prepared for misery.  I purchased some yogurt which I thought was non-dairy.  It said coconut but ended up being coconut flavored, not coconut milk based.  I didn't notice until I had consumed almost the whole four ounces and then saw it was whole milk based.  The packaging and colors of the label was very close to Soy Delicious.  Well, yesterday was spent with a severe sinus-type headache, nausea, and diarrhea.  Lasted all day.  I didn't take anything for it as I knew my system needed to get that dairy out of my system.  It was a long miserable, pain-filled day.  Today, I'm all better.

I am working on decluttering some more and began the 30 day decluttering challenge on the fourth and worked backward to catch up. Now the trip and being ill has set me back on that but I will just start from today, the 16th and work on my 16 things for today.  This is not as easy as it sounds when you get to large numbers unless you tackle a big project like a clothes closet.  I need to do that but it is not in the schedule for today.

Enjoying Alexa for playing music.  I'm listening to Top Christian radio now.  'She' frustrates me, however, as it seems she cannot answer anything but the simplest of questions.  She doesn't know: When will the next asteroid belt pass through our solar system?  When was the last earthquake in Oklahoma?  How do I clean a laminate counter top?    Ugh!  They just added a feature to make your own lists, however.  Enjoying that as I can now add to my Around the House list.

Autumn is my favorite season and today is certainly a beautiful day to enjoy the colors and leaves.  If you haven't gotten out for a fall drive to be a leaf peeper, you better hurry; winter is around the corner.



No comments: