Sunday, October 7, 2018

Seven Day Declutter Results: 73 Items Going Out

My goal is to get rid of five things each day in October.  Right now I am only counting items that go into the donation bags.  In the first seven days in October, I have been able to add 73 items to the donation area.  I have also put many things in the trash or recycle area but I'm not counting those.  

What strikes me is the randomness of some of these items.  Some things are left from my almost grown children and some things are left from my teaching career.  Some things, like Jello molds, are just things I won't use anymore as Jello is not plant-based. I actually used to often make my kids Jello cubes or Jigglers as they are now called.  The NASCAR ones are about 20 years old and may be collectible now.  Who knows, maybe it will make the DAV a few dollars.  

I feel good that I have been able to exceed the five item goal on most days.  It will be interesting to see the monthly total but as with most long-term projects, motivation in the beginning is easy.  It's the daily grind where momentum can slip so I will have to guard against it.  If you are working on having less stuff in your house and blog about it, put your link in the comments below and I'd like to check it out.


Oct. 2:  2 NASCAR Jello molds, Christmas Jello mold, Girl Scout book, fish key chain, purple headband with flower, red hero cape, 7 plastic leis, Scooby Doo Halloween bucket.





Oct.3:  21 books.





















Oct.4:  12 books, atlas, gag dice, dress up ring, wooden box.







Oct. 5: New Year's hat, bee tin, 2 cross stitch pattern magazines, one Wellness text book.














Oct. 6: My 'w' Book, paperback, penguin tub toy, character toy, Spanish Language Course.














Oct. 7: Water game, prickly ball, 4 western history paperbacks.






No comments: