Tuesday, July 25, 2017

First Instant Pot Trial

Although I've had my I- pot for a week now, I've just made my first meal in it. The recipe for this vegan, no oil stew was found on Simple Daily Recipes.  I didn't use the faux meat though as I prefer my food not to look like meat.  I tweaked other things to my tastes and adjusted spices including omitting salt. The family loved it. The liquid smoke gave it depth and authenticity as a stew. I felt that the broth was delicious although somewhat thin for a stew. I will play with this in the future to try to achieve thicker consistency.  Delicious.

It has taken me a week to start using this amazing appliance due to hurting my wrist last Friday. I currently do not have use of my left arm below the elbow.  No definitive answers from the ER on Saturday and with very little improvement with pain or mobility, I plan to see a doctor again tomorrow. Treating the pain is one thing, but I really want to know what is causing the pain and address that.

The steroids definitely mess with body weight and I'm thankful that the pharmacist mentioned that or I'd be freaking out right now. The high dose is making my heart beat wildly so I will not take anymore. The force of it was so strong that I could see my hand on my chest go up and down to the rhythm.  Scary stuff.

I am hoping tomorrow brings some answers regarding my injury and subsiding side effects from Prednisone.  I'm a terrible couch potato and just want to get back on track with all I need to do.

No comments: